On-Page SEO – Make the Search Engines Love You!
On-page SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is a critical part of your SEO strategy. It ensures that all elements of SEO are implemented correctly across the website. It is crucial that every page on your website is optimised to its full potential.
A perfectly optimised page give your user what they want in terms of content, usability, accessibility and aesthetics. But it doesn’t stop there. A website page with correctly implemented on-page SEO will also perform well on search engines.
A better performing website in organic search will benefit from increased traffic and the more your traffic your site generates, the more online online sales you will deliver.
Here is a brief guide to all of the elements that need to be considered for an effective on-page SEO strategy.
- The starting point for good on-page SEO is your page title tags. To assist your page in ranking for your desired content, insert your keywords (chosen as a result of your previously undertaken keyword research) into the meta title tags in your website’s HTML code.
- Let your URL’s work for you – it should be memorable and catchy, or simply make sense. It’s not hard to do, and the search engines will reward your efforts. Make sure that the keyword you are targeting is easily distinguishable when viewed at the URL level.
- Give your audience something they can share. Even though social actions do not directly contribute to your ranking (excluding YouTube) – social activity (content sharing of articles, images, videos, infographics and lists) does send a flag to Google that the content is interesting to multiple users.
- Proximity of Keyword: Whilst ensuring that your chosen keywords are included in your page content is absolutely essential, search engines expect your content to captivate your audience and give them pertinent information. Keyword placement over keyword cramming is the key – look to place your keyword within the first two lines, or 100 words of your page, blog or article.
- Check your tags: Get your house in order and make sure your H-tags are working for you. Your page title, or blog post name should be in a H1 tag. This is easy to check. Have a look at the source code and if you see the H1 tag around the correct title, you are good to go. Also, ensure that the meta description of your page is displayed as you want in the search engine results. Don’t forget about adding your keyword in your H2 & H3 tags as well.
- Light a rocket under your page speeds! If you have not considered your page loading speeds, do so now as part of your on-page SEO strategy. Although this is becoming less important as more of the world benefits from faster broadband speeds, if your audience is somewhere more remote, ensure your page file sizes are smaller to enable them to load quickly and not lose the users interest.
- Don’t forget about internal links – add two, to three internal links on every page within the main body of content.
This covers off a few of the basics when it comes to on site SEO. However, to really reap the benefits it can bring to your business, you need to invest in the help of an expert.
At Cayenne Red, we can guarantee your investment in SEO will quickly see an ROI. We provide results based SEO services and we’re only happy when you get the results that you want!
Do You Need Help With On-Page SEO?
Contact us today or call 0203 286 1153 to learn more about our on-page SEO services and other digital marketing expertise!